Top Tips for running a successful Club
1. Check your club email account regularly to keep updated. This is main form of communication between Warwick Sport and clubs and is incredibly important as you may miss essential information and deadlines. It should be checked at least once a week.
2. Go to the Impact Training courses and read all the relevant information so you know exactly what is required of you and when.
3. Be organised! Organise your events and activities in plenty of time so that have everything planned out, you can complete the relevant paperwork and inform people, and prevent any unneccessary stress.
4. If in doubt, ask! The Sports Officer as well as the staff in the Warwick Sport Office/Resources Room and the rest of the Union and Dept of PE&Sport are here to help you. If you are not sure of anything, don't know if you are allowed to do a certain activity or purchase certain things with warwick sport money, or run into problems, the best thing to do is ask before it's too late.
5. Have fun! Remember that you are doing this as an extra-curricular activity. If you are finding it difficult to balance your time with your academic work, delegate tasks among the exec, ask for help, and speak to someone. Also, make sure that you get the most out of it you possibly can. Running a sports club develops many skills which employers look for, as well as enhancing your time and experience at Warwick.