SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The aim of the Sports Development Programme is to "provide the opportunity for anyone and everyone who wants to take part in or improve at any sport at any level". Here at Warwick we want to allow all members of Warwick Sport, whether they are an elite athlete or a beginner to be able to take part and advance in whatever sport or number of sports they wish.
Here are just some of the opportunities that are open to all Warwick Sport members as part of the Sports Development Programme:
- Opportunities to receive information on coaching, umpiring and referee courses with funding to help undertake these courses and develop your skills.
- Links with National Governing Bodies and County Sports Partnerships.
- Access to a free initial physiotherapy consultation (during term time only).
- Information and advice on following a sport-based career.
- Opportunities to take First Aid and Lifeguard qualifications.
- Information on sports volunteering and how to take your skills into the local community, schools and sports clubs.
- Seminars and advice on healthy eating and leading an active lifestyle.
- Support for athletes that are playing to a National Standard.
- An increased Sports Courses Programme with a full Fitness Programme as well as coaching in Tennis, Badminton, Squash, Golf, Swimming and Climbing.
- Expanded Intra-mural Leagues and Casual Ladders for casual but competitive fun.
- Access to a Fitness Development Programme
If there is anything else that you would like to see as part of our Sports Development Programme or for information on how to get more involved please contact the Sports Development Co-ordinator, Lisa Infantino on firstname.lastname@example.org